Peddled By Local Heroes*
Be a Local Hero. Get together with your nearest and dearest to explore the ever changing sights and sounds along our stretch of the River Thames.
* 2019 marks 25 years of caring for local people in their own home, the Hospice and in hospital. Our 25thanniversary is an incredible achievement and that’s thanks to you and the amazing amazing people of Greenwich and Bexley who have given their support in a whole variety of different ways; you are our ‘Local Heroes’
The Hospice has been providing care and support to local people for 25 years, and with your support, we always will.
You can choose to start at:
- Morrisons Erith, James Watt Way, DA8 2AH
- Thamesmere Leisure Centre, Thamesmere Dr, London, SE28 8RE
- Royal Arsenal Riverside, London SE18 6ST
- Cutty Sark, King William Walk, London SE10 9HT
- 10am – 4pm
Our 28-mile (mostly riverside) Big Bike Ride stretches from Erith to Greenwich alongside the River Thames. It showcases all the wonderful open spaces, views of the city and the huge variety of wildlife that exists around us.
Our Big Bike Ride is the ideal escape from the hustle n bustle of your busy life. It is popular with families thanks to very few roads, the flat route and the choice of start points and distances to suit all ages and abilities.
The longest distance of 28 miles from Erith to Greenwich and back, is ideal for those wanting a challenge and the 14 miles route from Woolwich to Greenwich and back, is the ideal distance for those with young children.
Adult (16 years+) £10
Child (5-15 years) £5
Family ticket (2 adults, 2 children) £25
Advance registration closes at midday on Wednesday 2 October.
Adult (16 years +) £20
Child (5-15 years) £10
Family tickets not available
A bike hire scheme will be on offer thanks to Peabody. For £1 (plus a £20 refundable deposit) adults bikes can be hired for the day. Contact Dan Wells 020 3828 4920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org / Dan.email@example.com
Need to brush up on your cycling skills and get ready for the Big Bike Ride? For details of guided bike rides in Bexley click here and for cycling opportunities in Greenwich over the summer click here.
A thank you to Bexley Council and the Royal Borough of Greenwich for their support. They will be providing Dr Bike support along the route.
Get in touch
For all your Big Bike Ride questions, check our FAQs or get in touch with the Fundraising team on 020 8319 9230 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org