Run, jog or walk 2.62 miles around your home or garden and complete your own Virtual Mini Marathon!
Stay fit, get active, do something positive and support your local Hospice!
It’s easy to take part, sign up, set up a Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving online fundraising page and then complete your Virtual Mini Marathon any time between now and 31 August. You can do it in one day, over a few days or over a few weeks. Once registered, download our Virtual Mini Marathon Activity Tracker so that you can track your distance until you hit 2.62 miles. You can view our special Virtual Mini Marathon video including a warm-up and messages of support here
The Virtual Mini Marathon offers a fun distraction for you and the kids, giving you something really positive to focus on during these difficult times. You can all take part, adults as well as children. Medals and certificates will be sent to everyone registering (only registered children will receive a medal, we will provide certificates for the rest of the family).
So why not have some fun and get creative?
- Guess how many laps of the living room, bedroom, or garden it will take to complete the 2.62 miles? The winner gets a prize; the loser does an extra lap!
- Get some healthy competition going between the kids and adults – who can complete their Virtual Mini Marathon first?
- Get the kids to dress up as their favourite superhero character whilst they are doing their challenge.
Sponsorship We know that times are hard for everyone – here at the Hospice we are facing our own challenges too. It costs £23,000 each day to run the Hospice. Over the last few weeks our income has dropped significantly due to cancelled fundraising events and the closure of our charity shops. We rely on this income to provide our very special care to local families who need our support.
We are doing everything we can to raise enough money to ensure our services can continue and that our frontline staff can help the health service respond to this unprecedented crisis. It would be wonderful if your family were able to support the Hospice by raising sponsorship through Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving or by making a donation.
Wondering how you can raise sponsorship whilst social distancing? Download our Virtual Fundraising Tips to get you started!
How to sign up:
- Register here
- Pay the registration fee of £7.50 – your registration fee covers the cost of the medal, certificate and postage.
- A limited supply of Mini Marathon T-shirts are available for £5.50 to purchase. T-shirts will be posted along with your medal / certificate. If you’d like your T-shirt now we can post out, we will ask you to cover the £2.90 postage costs.
- Make a donation, set up an Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving online fundraising page or Facebook fundraiser
- Email your Virtual Mini Marathon Activity Tracker; share a photo of your family doing your 2.62 mile Virtual Mini Marathon or a screenshot of your Fitness App to the Hospice Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Sit back, relax and wait for your thank you letter, certificate and Mini Marathon medal to arrive in the post! Only registered children will receive a medal, we will provide certificates for the rest of the family.
*We strongly advise against running up and down stairs whilst completing your Virtual Mini Marathon! If you do decide to incorporate stairs into your challenge, even a gentle walk, PLEASE be careful!
Kindly sponsored by JLL