Our Retail team plays a crucial role in generating vital funds to support the Hospice’s work in providing compassionate end of life care to those who need us most in Greenwich and Bexley communities. Hospice care is special. It is about living every day to fullest, making memories with loved ones and caring support when facing difficult choices.
We are seeking volunteers who would like to support a small, dynamic and lovely team with great vision and passion for what we do.
Gift Aid is a Government scheme which allows charities to claim an extra 25p for every pound donated. This means that you will be helping us to raise lots of extra funding to enable us to provide care to people throughout Greenwich and Bexley.
We are looking for someone who is well organised, enjoys making sure that things are correct (and can spot things which aren’t!) and who wants to make our charity shop customers feel good about value they bring to our hospice and patients.
While most of the work is in an office, you will see the very real impact of your efforts on daily basis.
Purpose of the role:
This support is key in helping us to increase income relating to Gift Aid scheme as well as ensuring our customers know they played vital role in ensuring our hospice is there for those who need us most.
Blackfen – offices above our charity shop
Skills, experience & qualities needed:
Our Retail Admin volunteer ideally would have:
· Great attention to detail
· Positive and can do attitude
· Lovely communication skills
· Be comfortable with computers and data entry
· Understanding importance of personal data privacy
· Passion for impact of Hospice work
A typical day in our retail team could involve:
- Checking the gift aid forms received from shops and entering data on retail and fundraising databases
- Scanning and saving documents
- Contacting our donors and supporters
- Communicating with our shops, supporter care and marketing teams
- Assisting with queries through post and email
This is a role which includes a mixture of data entry, donor contact and general office elements, perfect for anyone who enjoys variety.
We will provide any necessary training to ensure that you enjoy your volunteering role with us.
We will reimburse travel costs.
What could you get out of it?:
What will you gain from volunteering?
- A chance to meet new people, make new friends and dedicate yourself to a rewarding role
- The time to develop new skills, take on new challenges and enjoy new experiences; we will provide all the necessary training to ensure you enjoy your volunteering with us.
- The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to the care for our patients within our Hospice and the community.
Other relevant information:
Donating your time to this role will help raise vital funds to provide our patient care.
If you’re looking for a rewarding role with that feel good factor, apply today and see what you can gain by giving!
Future variations of the role:
There are many opportunities to support Retail and wider Hospice operations – from e-commerce to Welcome volunteers we hope you will love your time with us.