JOIN OUR VOLUNTEERS TEAM TODAY!
Every year the Hospice offers care and support through a wide range of services to people with a life-limiting illness - that might be a member of your family.
We need almost £7 million per year to run our essential services, and your volunteering support is as valuable to us as donations of money.
Our volunteers make a big difference to the quality of life of people in the community who are living with a life-limiting illness. We have all sorts of volunteer roles available; if you have a skill we can use it.
This month we're particularly looking for volunteers who could help in these roles:
Telephone Bereavement Support
Fact sheet and role description
Colour Run Volunteers
For more details about these roles or any other volunteering opportunities, please contact our Volunteers Department on 020 8320 5812
Our volunteering opportunities include:
- Café assistants at the Hospice
- Donated goods sorters at the Distribution Centre at Bellegrove Parade, Welling
- Drivers over 21 with full licence to drive a minibus/van at Bellegrove Parade, Welling and in the community on weekdays and some weekends
- Drivers over 21 with full licence to drive a minibus for patient transport to and from Day Hospice (mornings and afternoons) on Monday, Tuesday and/or Thursday
- Events support team - marshalling, running stalls, setting up and clearing down etc. usually in the evenings and at weekends
- Gardens and maintenance team in the Hospice
- Hospice Neighbours - a regular befriending service for carer support
- Housekeepers at the Hospice - (mornings) Monday-Sunday
- IT Support at the Hospice
- Lottery promoters (Hospice Lottery) at community events and in our shops.
- New goods merchandiser - to help with the administration and stock control of new goods at the Distribution Centre at Bellegrove Parade, Welling
- Patient Transport Escorts to support volunteer minibus drivers in collecting patients for Day Hospice on Monday, Tuesday and/or Thursday
- Photographer for events/publicity in the community and the Hospice
- Portable Appliance Testing and Shop Assistants with electrical equipment expertise - accredited training available
- Retail Maintenance Support in our charity shops and offices in Welling
- Shop Assistants throughout our shop network. Various shifts but especially Saturdays. If you’re interested, please call into your local shop to talk to the Shop Manager or go in and pick up an application form
- Telephone Bereavement Support at the Hospice
- Therapists (fully qualified and insured) to provide complementary therapies including massage, reflexology, aromatherapy in the Hospice and the Day Hospice.
- Volunteers for Advance Care Planning in the community
In recognition of the dedicated support that volunteers offer to enhance Hospice services, we ensure that all volunteers are kept informed through:
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation events
- Long Service badges - awarded when people reach five, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of voluntary commitment
- Invitation to the Hospice Annual Meeting and updates on other Hospice events and developments
- A regular Volunteers' Bulletin, The Hospice Hailer.
If you're interested in becoming a Hospice Volunteer, please take a look at our Volunteering Policy and complete an application form.
If you would like a copy of Volunteering for your Community, please contact the Volunteers' Department on 020 8320 5812.