Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice is a local charity dedicated to providing free, high-quality compassionate care and support for people with all terminal illnesses, their families and their carers in the London Boroughs of Royal Greenwich and Bexley. We care for over 2,500 people each year in the community in people’s homes and care homes, in the Hospice, in hospital and in the local prisons. We employ over 180 staff in a diverse range of roles and have support from a wonderful team of around 450 volunteers from all ages and backgrounds.
Contrary to common misconception, Hospices are not miserable or gloomy places, we pride ourselves in helping people achieve the little things that matter, attention to detail in the care we provide to ensure that everyone we support feels special, and like the service is just there for them. Our staff and volunteers have the benefit of working in a great environment, in our most recent staff survey 93% said that they enjoy the work they do and 89% say they enjoy working with the people in the Hospice. The Hospice recently received the Healthy Workplace Charter Mark at Commitment level and are now working towards the Achievement level with an active and developing programme of staff wellbeing and social events including pilates, netball and social events. The Hospice has an annual award and recognition programme for staff and volunteers, as well as making nominations for external awards for outstanding volunteers. The Hospice has a reputation for innovation and we are continually developing our services to meet local need. In 2017 the Hospice was awarded Best Charity or Social Enterprise in the Bexley Business Awards.
Benefits of working here
If you are keen to join our Hospice team as a member of the clinical staff, or in our income generation or support services, you will be part of a multi professional team that aims to deliver the highest standards of clinical and/or customer care to ensure people requiring specialist palliative and end of life care in the communities of Greenwich and Bexley achieve the best quality of life possible.
The Hospice’s Benefits Package includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance, starting at 27 days plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days plus bank holidays with long service.
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme for existing members or a defined contribution Pension scheme with a company contribution of up to 7%
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme for all staff
- Staff Wellbeing Programme
- Internal and External Training and Development to support continuous professional development
- Clinical Supervision for all clinical staff
- Subsidised meals on the Bostall Hill site
- Enhanced maternity benefits
- Free Parking on the Bostall Hill site
- Compassionate Employers workplace support programme