The Hospice care homes team was established in 2008 and supports care homes in Bexley and Royal Greenwich boroughs in a number of ways.
The team can provide:
- training for care home staff on a range of topics and issues relating to end of life care
- telephone support and liaison with families
- liaison with other healthcare professionals
- general symptom management
- referral to the Hospice community nursing team
- support for staff in care homes
Link meetings are held bi-monthly so staff in care homes can meet and share knowledge, learning from each other and speakers who specialise in relevant topics. The meetings are free to all staff working in care homes in Bexley and Royal Greenwich boroughs.
The Hospice care homes team publishes a quarterly newsletter which is emailed to care homes in Royal Greenwich and Bexley boroughs.
How do I access the service?
You do not need a referral form. If you work in a care home, you can call the Hospice care homes team on 020 8320 5780, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, or on 07584 473617 (Monday to Wednesday) and 07557 430893 (Wednesday to Friday).